If you’re a business owner in Singapore, you’ve come to the right place.
We know that running your own business can be tough and we want to help make it easier for you. We compiled this list of grants available for businesses in Singapore so that you can find what will work best for your needs.
Enhanced Development Grant (EDG)
What is EDG?
The Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) is a government grant in Singapore that supports companies that have strong business foundations and strategies, adopt technology and innovative processes, and grow their overseas presence.
Is my business eligible for EDG?
Check if your business qualify for EDG by meeting the following criteria:
- Be registered and operating in Singapore
- Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding
- Be in a financially viable position to start and complete the project
Get the EDG application checklist here.
Click here for an extensive step by step guide on how to apply.
EDG projects are supported on a reimbursement basis. Claims can be submitted when all project deliverables have been achieved. Claims must reach Enterprise Singapore no later than six months from the end of the project qualifying period.
The Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) is here to support Singapore companies in upgrading their business, innovating or venturing overseas.
Source: Enterprise Singapore
Productive Solutions Grant (PSG)
What is PSG?
The Productive Solutions Grant (PSG), is a government grant in Singapore that supports local SMEs who are keen on adopting IT solutions and equipment to help grow and thrive their business processes. It covers an enhanced maximum support level of up to 80%, extended to 31 March 2022. Click here to find out more.
Is my business eligible for PSG?
- Registered and operating in Singapore
- Purchase/lease/subscription of the IT solutions or equipment must be used in Singapore
- Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding; with Company’s Group annual sales turnover less than S$100 million, OR less than 200 employees (for selected solutions only)
- Visit GoBusiness Gov Assist to access the list of supportable solutions and identify relevant solutions that best suit your business needs.
- For IT solutions: Get a quotation from the pre-approved vendor.
For equipment: Source for the equipment and get a quotation from the vendor
- Submit an application on the Business Grants Portal (BGP). You will need to register for a CorpPass account to transact on the portal.
Click here for a step-by-step guide.
Source: Enterprise Singapore
Learn how you can maximise this grant with an Online Ordering System for your brand.
What if you’re an entrepreneur with a true startup idea but not the funds to get it off the ground? StartupSG is here for all of that!
It provides mentorship, support and networking opportunities. They’ll help match your mentors based on what type of business you have in mind so they can better guide you through these treacherous waters and make sure everything runs smoothly as possible- no more fumbling around blindly like most other first time entrepreneurs would be doing without this amazing opportunity.
StartupSG will provide startups with a startup capital grant of up to $50,000. Startups are required to raise and commit S$10,000 as a co-matching fund to the grant.
Click here to find out more about your eligibility.